Search This Blog

Monday, November 21, 2011

Thank You for Coming! - Xris&Dex

* Repost from my former blog site dated Monday, June 22, 2009 at 1:14am *

 
!Disclaimer!: I was really in love when i wrote this. I don't know if i still am but regardless, i still wanna get married...






Wear this ring, as a sign of my love…..
….till death do us part!”

3:00 PM, The Venue

It was a fine, breezy, sunny day at Halong Bay Vietnam.
Over 70 of our closest friends sit tightly as they watch with anticipation on how this long planned event will take place.

Everyone was on a roofless bamboo raft, approximately 250 sq. meters big, made to look like a floating balcony approximately 50 meters from the shore. Attached to it was a bamboo bridge, catwalk wide, so guests can walk barefoot from the sands to the raft.

The Altar was adorned by one of Landscape artists’ made wonders. A fine synchrony of fountains, ferns and flowers. Tulips of course. A 10 piece orchestra sits on the left side and the San Miguel Philharmonic Chorale on the other.

The Isle was lined by series of Bamboo arcs and each arc was adorned tulips and oriental flowers. The entire place was decorated with Off-white chiffon lined by gold and bronze threads, an idea of our planner Abbi Gabasa. It was a perfect merger of Greece and the Oriental Asia.

And as the sea blew soft breeze and gentle waves that mid afternoon, the chorale started singing in acapella, and the procession started.


3:30 PM, The Entourage

“Ikaw ang tunay na ligaya, tanging ikaw sinta….
…Hindi magsasawa sa piling mo!”

Dressed in white kamesa de chino and pants designed by his best friend Sasha Aguilar, He walked down the isle to the altar, with his best man Gian Comsti, trying to control his emotions. Everyone knows for a fact that he’s so sentimental. A gush of wind blew the bangs of his face and all the guest saw how happy he was.

The little girl Musika Aguilar and Ethel Yruma then followed, sprinkling petals all over the isle with Zane and Rafael bringing the Rings and the Aras.
Then the Primary sponsors followed… one pair at a time.

There were my candle sponsors Albert Ramos and Mitzie Luna.
Next to them were Fatima Palma and Ian Fegalan holding the veil.
And finally Anne Tegio and JP Dela Cruz for the cord.
They all walked down with Elois Atillano designed white dresses and Kamesa tops each one equally fierce than all of the others. It somehow became a fashion show that mid afternoon.

My Four Bride’s maids strut their stuff like top models on a runway.
Aris Manalang in D&G White see-through, classy Indian look, flaunting his cuts.
Benet Pyongayong looking so conservative yet elegant in his Michael Kors fresh-from-the-runway top and pants.
Via Poco in her Empire cut white Vera Wang gown. A Maiden floating with a stargazer flower on her long curly hair.
Jaja Lopez in her tube top maxi dress, detailed by Swarovski crystals, exclusively done by Prada for the event.

Then Finally my maid of Honor, Jullian Abuda in his androgynous Versace ensemble. A plunging neckline tunic top with short-shorts, hemmed with bronze thread to fit for the motif of the celebration.

The Violin’s hymn started filling the high cliffs of Halong Bay.
Birds flew across and above the floating bamboo balcony.
The Guitar strums then followed.



4:00 PM, The “Bride/Groom”

“…Pangarap ko ang ibigin ka,
at sa habang panahon ikaw ay makasama.
Ikaw nalang ang syang kulang sa buhay kong ito…”

The songbird, Ms. Regine Velasquez sang as everyone watched in awe.
At the end of the Bamboo pathway, groomed with couture by Sasha Aguilar, I started walking, trembling, and I don’t know what I’m feeling exactly, all I can sense was a perfect harmony of love and friendship between us.

I stopped at the main entrance of the raft. A sudden gush of memories came in as I see all the people we love and shared our love with.
All looking at me.

His LSGH and San Beda friends, My Gforce, Addlib and E.B. Babes Family, Megaclinic friends, Our drinking and clubbing buddies, they were all there to share this moment with us.

I saw Joe nearly bursting into tears; I nearly cried but promised myself I’ll never. Still with serenity I continued walking. Then I saw Xris at the end of the isle wearing a big smile while wiping a single drop of tear off his face. I can see how happy he was and I know he can see to how happy I were, am still. Facing him today brings me new tomorrows and I Thank God for yesterdays.
Then it dawned on me.

That was it, at the middle of the isle tears started falling endlessly I can’t barely walk. The glee inside me is so unbearable and humongous that it was converted to tears of joy. Then I saw some dear friends wiping their eyes off.
They feel me.

Then I continued walking. My eyes locked into his. Bathe in tears.
Smiling.
I hugged him at the end of the trail thinking it was only the beginning of a happily ever after.
The ceremony started.


5:00 PM, The Reception

“How did you know, I needed someone like you in my life…
…It’s not everyday that someone like you comes my way,
No words can express how much I love you!”

Jareth Fajardo made us a new arrangement and rendition of the song as we exchange vows beneath the nearly setting sun.

We kissed, and that was it.
“No trace of Sadness, Always with Gladness…
…I DO!”

The sun was being engulfed by the night sky. The Raft was detached from the bamboo bridge and as we continue the ceremony, the floating bamboo raft sailed to the nearby island for everyone to disembark. The white sand island was so gorgeous it looked like a paradise. It was a good dinner by the beach, Japanese style, for everyone.

We were the last one to alight the raft, and as we do so, all the lights in the island were dimmed and a beautiful display of fireworks lit the whole of Halong Bay.

We sat down on the sand; it was like the old times, not caring about anyone else. We watched the skies with all those lights and colors.
I leaned on his shoulder, my favorite place on earth, he whispered in my ears,
“I love you”
I kissed his cheeks I love you back…


9:00 AM

Nanay: Dex! Gising na! Papasok ka pa.
Dex: Opo nay. (smiling)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment