Search This Blog

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Last Dance... Under The Pale Moonlight.

2:00 a.m.
Tired from work, i just got out of the van walking my way to our haus.
I-pod set to shuffle mode. then the music began to play.


"Oh-Ooh... So Much for my Happy Ending..."

As if on cue, my right hand began to move. from fingers... to wrist... to elbow...
on perfect synchrony from the cold breeze blowing on my face. Strong yet relaxing.
Then the left arm followed making a perfect line on a la seconde position. waving... a little bit of head bobbing.


"You were all the things i thought i new, and i thought we could be..."

My Upper trunk started to move on circular patterns. I feel light. maybe the moon's gravity is pulling me like the sea water on a high tide. then my legs started to get restless. a series of Battement fondu développé on a la seconde. then pique turns. I wonder if i'm doing it right. but who cares. i just wanna express what i feel.

"You were everything, everything that i wanted. we were meant to be supposed to be but we lost it..."

Slight head bobbing turned to violent banging. with free movements of the hands and body, a violent yet artistic scene like crumping turned lyrical. then a double pirouette. Turns... kicks... jumps... Head and arm throws... On a pale moon light. The wind spoke to me.

...You are a dancer...

It wasn't clear if it's a statement or an interrogation. still i continued dancing then i replied thru movement.
I used to believe i'm a dancer. with angst and all due respect. They made me feel and realize that i'm not after all.


"All this time i was pretending. so much for my happy ending"

On Right leg front extension with the left leg on fondu. Segue to arabesque, to enveloppe, a hitch turn then grand jete. I feel light. Then the wind spoke again.

...You are a dancer... But now you are dancing for yourself...

Then the lyrical movement continued to pour out of my body epressing angst, anger, frustrations. heavy movements yet each compliments and connects with each other. A right turn followed by right leg developpe a la seconde on flexed foot and head throw to the left. I feel the pain of each muscle as i stretch every single limb. but it's numbing and somehow soothing. This is my last dance.

On cue...
The music faded...
"So Much For My Happy Ending..."
I pressed the doorbell button..


"Tatay, I'm Home..."

No comments:

Post a Comment